Monday

The sushi boats are in the harbor for the night


Can we talk movies? Seriously, there's been some good ones that I've seen recently and LOVED. Sure, I've viewed my share of hollywood flops too. But it seems like there's been a whole stream of great/good looking movies out on dvd and in the theaters lately. My 'to see' list includes The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which has received 13 Oscar nominations, and looks amazing. Also, Slumdog Millionaire, for which many people have said, "you gotta see it". Plus it's gotten 10 Oscar nominations. Something that I've seen fairly recently and was really surprised by was Iron Man. I had about the same reaction to the superhero flick as I did to Transformers. I was not looking forward to seeing either, and blown away because they were good movies. Maybe not best-movie-ever or even top-5 quality, but really, really good. This small parody by CommunityChannel, our youtubing friend Natalie, captured Iron Man perfectly. If you haven't seen the movie, or at least know the idea behind it, you may not appreciate it. But I knew the plot, and laughed out loud. It's short, cute, and funny all in one. What more could you ask for?

Click on the title for the link.